Readit Scholar HD - portable close up, distance and self
viewing with a difference!
What is Readit Scholar HD?
Readit Scholar HD is our latest portable Autoreader / CCTV
Weighing just 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs) it is the ideal solution
for users on the go.
As well as full close up and distance CCTV
functionality, Readit Scholar HD has the unique ability to capture
both closeup (up to A3 or double Letter in size) and distant objects. Any text
can then be automatically scrolled on screen and read
aloud in seconds!
What are Readit Scholar HD's benefits?
Readit Scholar HD features many benefits over other
digital capture systems and even more over standard laptop / desktop video
- Compact with a folded size of just 28 x 17 x 4.5cm
(11 x 6.7 x 1.8 inches)
- Set up for document capturing, the camera is just 36
cm tall (14.2 inches).
- Good height when in use of 40.5 cm off the desk.
- It is 300 grams lighter thank the Scholar at just 1.2
kg (2.6 lbs).
- 720p (1280x720 resolution) up to 60 fps via single
USB 2.0 connection (Core i3 processor required for 60 fps live view at full
- Automatic switching between close-up and distance
viewing modes as the camera head is lifted.
- Open base design means it's easy to handwrite and
read in the traditional video magnifier way, without the base getting in the
way of the paper or book.
- 16MP sensor with A3 capture area down to 6pt text -
this is 8x the resolution of the nearest competitor in the market that has a
usable live image view.
- Zoomed in, 4pt text can be captured and read with
- 21x Optical zoom (larger than any other camera)
- The camera is optically and digitally stabilised (a
first for our industry) meaning the Scholar HD is far less prone to shake
and wobble than any other product on the market.
- The combination of the 16 MP sensor, 21x optical
zoom, optical and digital stabilisation means it can perform OCR at distance
(for whiteboards and projectors) further away than a human with 20:20 vision
can see - this is a unique feature again.
- Full whiteboard and projector screen capture for easy
navigation with trackpad / mouse, removes the need for the end user to
constantly track around the board by holding and repositioning the camera,
even if OCR is not possible (on pictures or non computer based text).
- Powered via 1 USB 2.0 port. No separate battery to
worry about charging.
- Adjustable length, integrated USB cable - again this
- Includes magnetic positioning guide with three
positions: Storage, A4 (Letter), A3 (11 x 17) for easy positioning of
documents for blind and well as low vision users.
- Includes headphones and laptop rucksack with easily
enough space for user's laptop, charger, books and Readit Scholar HD.
- Extremely competitive retail price.
Who is Readit Scholar HD for?
Readit Scholar HD has been specifically designed for the
requirements of students, business professionals and anyone on the move with a
However, it also makes an ideal desktop solution that can
easily be moved between locations (e.g. home and work).
Simply remove it from its included rucksack, plug into
your laptop or PC and you have full CCTV with Distance Viewing, Auto Reading,
Speech and more. Whole books can be captured, read and scrolled back
automatically. The whiteboard can be magnified 40x and your handwriting can be
enlarged as you write! Weighing just 1.2kg, it folds flat and needs no batteries
so is extremely portable.
The Scholar HD is an exceptionally high resolution 3-in-1
camera that is compact, lightweight and works with the Readit software. It
enables instant access to printed documents converting them to large print &
text-to-speech output.Ideally suited to any visually impaired or blind business
or education computer user, who wants near instant, easy and accurate access to
printed documents both at close up (up to A3 in size) and uniquely at distance.
Just plug the lightweight camera into your PC or laptop
and it instantly translates any printed text into crystal clear speech. Letters,
receipts, bank statements, text-books, novels, product packaging etc. are all
read with ease. It's also a crystal clear HD video magnifier running at a smooth
60 fps. You can pick the camera up and point it in the distance or at yourself
and with 21x optical zoom and advanced image stabilisation it enables you to see
further than a person with 20:20 vision!
of any query or pricing required please contact us